Forest Poor Home Form Good For Boro!

Last updated : 25 August 2009 By Boro Mad


QPR 1 Nottingham Forest 1
AUGUST 22: Coca-Cola Championship at Loftus Road. (More) 
Nottingham Forest 2 Watford 4
AUGUST 18: Coca-Cola Championship
Nottingham Forest 0 West Brom 1
AUGUST 15: Coca-Cola Championship 
Nottingham Forest 3 Bradford 0
AUGUST 12: Carling Cup 
Reading 0 Nottingham Forest 0
AUGUST 8: Coca-Cola Championship 
Nottingham Forest 2 Birmingham 1
AUGUST 1: Pre-season friendly  
Nottingham Forest 1 Stoke 1
JULY 29: Pre-season friendly 
Notts County 2 Nottingham Forest 1
JULY 25: Pre-season friendly


Camp, Gunter, Morgan, Lynch (McCleary 46), Cohen,Chambers, Majewski, McKenna, Garner, Adebola (Blackstock 71),McGoldrick (Tyson 75).
Subs Not Used: Smith, Anderson, Earnshaw, Davies.

Jim Magilton is still chasing his first league win as QPR manager after his side were held to a draw with Nottingham Forest at Loftus Road.

Mikele Leigertwood's fine curling effort had put Rangers ahead in the first half, but David McGoldrick's first goal for his new side earned Forest a deserved point.

Both sides had opportunities to win an entertaining game but they could not force a way through, so they both remain winless in their opening four Coca-Cola Championship games.

Both managers tinkered with their starting line-ups following midweek defeats, with QPR making two changes and Forest five.

It was Forest, who have not won on the road since late February, that started the better and QPR were indebted to Radek Cerny as the veteran goalkeeper made a fine double save after just three minutes.

First the former Tottenham man got down well to save a low effort from Radoslaw Majewski before getting up to deny Joe Garner who fired in a follow-up effort.

The visitors continued in the ascendancy and had two more quick-fire chances when McGoldrick dragged his shot wide from a good position before the impressive Majewski curled just over shortly after.

Rangers finally stirred into action and created opportunities of their own. First Adel Taarabt's rushed shot was skewed wide and then Gary Borrowdale skied over from a good position inside the area.

Borrowdale was not made to pay for his miss, though, as the hosts took the lead with their next attack. The ball fell to skipper Leigertwood, who curled a sublime 20-yard effort past Lee Camp and into the top corner.

Forest probed for an equaliser before the interval, Wes Morgan's dipping header landed on the top of the net and Cerny was called into action to make a stretching save from a Majewski free-kick.

Billy Davies' men came out fast in the second period and they were rewarded with an equaliser in the 57th minute.

Camp pumped a long free-kick up the pitch, Dele Adebola climbed to flick on and McGoldrick latched onto the ball and crashed high into the net from eight yards to register his first strike for Forest since his summer move from Southampton.

Forest tried to up the ante further, introducing Dexter Blackstock and Nathan Tyson in a bid to find a second goal, and Blackstock, playing against his former club, was denied by a brave save by Cerny, who came out to save at the striker's feet.

QPR were chasing the win too and Heidar Helguson could have given his side the points, but he put his six-yard header, from Akos Buzsaky's cross, on to the roof of the net.

Neither side were able to make the breakthrough and get a vital second goal, so Forest travel back home with their second point away from home this season, while Magilton awaits his first win.